Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Happy Birthday" to Me!






Happy Birthday to me!! Yes, today is my 28th birthday! Man, where does time go? My birthday is a really special time in my life, not because it is the day I came into the world but it is the day I turned from the world and turned to GOD! June 17th, 1992 at Bethel Baptist Church in Preacher Darrell's office at during VBS I gave my life to Christ. I called my mother on the phone and she cried with me, to this day I still don't know if she was crying because I got saved or if she was crying in pain-(you will find out why I say that read on). It could not have been a better time in my live than to be RE-born on my birthday! Aside of that, there is another reason why it is special. My baby brother Steven was born on June 18th, 1992. We are 12 years and 1 day apart in age. I have always wanted a brother and for some reason God saw fit to answer my prayer and bless me, my parents and my family with a addition. Steven was a premature baby and a Wonderful gift to me. I guess God knew how much I wanted a little brother that He decided to give him to us a little early. Tomorrow Steven will turn 16, and I am so very proud of what a wonderful young man he has turned out to be. If I could ask for only 5 things for the rest of my life it would be 1st- that God would bless Jeremiah and me with a child of our own that we could love and take care of. That we would grow old with each other and hold our grandchildren on the porch and tell them cool stories, 2nd- that my grandmother be here on earth forever and that I could meet my Mema Norris ( I heard she was a wonderful lady), 3rd- that my parents would never struggle in anyway and that my daddy would not have to deal with sickness and my mother too, 4th- that my family (Jeremiah, Uncle Tommy, Aunt Mylinda, Cindy, Heth, Abby, Michael, Helen, Uncle Jerry, Aunt Sue, Jerry, Angie and Jason, Jeremiah's mom and dad, my brother and sister-in-laws, nieces and nephews and friends{You know who you are I have TOO many to count}) would all live life to the fullest and never go without anything, 5th- that my brother always be a spiritual leader, when life hands him mountains that he take them and look at them as small rocks, that he never ever settles for second best and the he work hard to achieve all of his life goals without holding anything back and last but not least that he really take his favorite verse to heart (I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength. Phillip. 4:13). I say all of that to say that just because I am getting older doesn't mean it is bad or that I am getting OLD but it is a time to be Thankful that I am here and I have a lot to show for it. On today I made sure that I thanked God for making me the person I am today with the help of my family and friends. I am so very thankful that I (at least I think I am, tell me if i'm not) am a giving person-everyone else comes first, that I can't let anyone else go without, I like to see the good side of all, I can't say "NO", I just love people. I don't mean to toot my own horn but I really wish that there were more people in the world that were willing to allow others before theirselves and maybe just maybe the world would be a little different. So, this year, my birthday has a new meaning. It has been 28 good years of love, laughter, tears, heartache, and happiness and I am looking forward to at least 28 more! So when it is your birthday don't be ashamed to say "Happy Birthday" to yourself, it is OK to do so because it is a Blessing!

1 comment:

The Kendricks- Tales From Opossum's World said...

Steph,
You made quite an impact on those around you in these 28 years I've known you. I know God will continue to bless you in the future. I love you so much and I deep in my heart I know that God will answer your prayer for a child- He answered mine and I know He will surprise you at the perfect time. Happy Birthday, We love you, Cindy, Heth and Abby