Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What a weekend....






Yeah! What a weekend! Saturday was a real fun day! As you can tell by the pictures that I have a nice ankle injury! I fell at my grandma's house in the backyard. I decided to go on to the ER and spent about 4 hours there for them to tell me I had a really bad sprain and that I didn't need to weight bear for a few days! HA HA HA! Oh, did I mention that they also gave me CRUTCHES!!! (This is oh so funny!- A PLUS SIZED girl on crutches!) Well, I am a xray tech at an orthopedic/sports medicine clinic so no weight bearing was not possible. I had a doc at the office look at it today and he said that I had a really bad sprain and a torn ligament from my knee which is causing a lot of pain. I am currently wearing a can boot for about 4 weeks and on the crutches until the squeeze test on my calf is negative. http://www.nextag.com/FLA-ORTHOPEDICS-StepLite-Walking-574081501/prices-html?nxtg=9bc60a1c051c-1D1A1662289F42C5 if you want to know what a can boot is. Well that is about it the last of my drama for this week. This just proves that I am just about to turn another year older!!! (Next Tuesday) The LORD has a real sense of humor to remind me I am getting old. Like from the movie (Evan Almighty) "I got a boo-boo!"

1 comment:

The Kendricks- Tales From Opossum's World said...

Stephanie,
Your ankle looks horrible. I am so sorry! I hope that it heals fast, we miss you and love you!